ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Grades K-4)
In grades k-4 all teachers and teaching assistants, and support staff will provide students with rigorous academic opportunities that directly align with NYS Learning Standards so that students can maintain academic readiness and continue to have a constant connection with learning. Teachers will facilitate remote learning opportunities in the elementary school to engage students in a deeper exploration of the class content.
Equity is at the heart of our school’s instructional choices. We offer learning opportunities for instruction that are accessible to all students. During remote learning, CSEE provides students and families with the following:
- Parents with workshops and learning opportunities. Workshops are focused on: online learning platforms, personal hygiene etc.
- Provide flexibility for working parents and single parent households.
- Provide parents with teaching materials and supports that are easy for them to use for at home support to support learning. .
- Offer extra help sessions with the teacher to support students working independently
- Provide tech support for families
- Routine scheduled times for students to interact and seek feedback and support from their teachers.
- Teachers will use Zoom to teach live lessons and encourage meaningful interactions between teachers and students.
- Teachers will use Google Classroom daily to communicate with parents and students and post assignments.
- To increase flexibility, teachers will post all recorded lessons so they can be played by the parents and student at any time
- Daily communication, emails, phone calls, Google classroom, live Zoom / Google Meet discussions, etc. will be used to maintain student-teacher and parent-teacher relationships and support learning.
- Teachers will provide independent activities at the developmentally appropriate level.
- Teachers will pull small groups and provide differentiated instruction for all students
- Assignments submitted will receive formative feedback from teachers.
- It is the expectation that students will access Google Classroom through their school issued student email address.
- Students are expected to show their face during all live interactions with classmates and teachers.
- It is the expectation that students log and participate in all live Zoom sessions daily
- Students are expected to participate in all academic activities posted by the teacher
- Students are expected to complete i-Ready each day.
- Students are expected to meet all due dates and deadlines associated by the teacher
- Support children with rituals and routines to complete the assigned work.
- Communicate with teachers whenever you have a question or concern.
- Check our school websites for updates and resources