HIGH SCHOOL (Grades 9-10)
Students should access their Google Classroom accounts each morning. Google classrooms is a hub where students will have access to assignments, resources, announcements, and other critical information. During remote learning, students should expect to receive ‘live’ instruction at the beginning of each period. Depending on the content, after the initial ‘live’ instruction, students may transition to independent work, collaborative group work and/or asynchronous learning with the help and support of the teacher.
Remote Learning Description:
- Daily attendance will be taken and monitored by teachers and the Dean of Students for each course using PowerSchool. Contact will be made to a student family in the event that students are not logging in consistently to complete assigned tasks.
- Students will begin each day by completing an SEL inventory survey. This will allow students to identify their emotional state, in addition to providing faculty with data as to students in need of SEL support for that day. School Counselor and Dean of Students will lead small groups of students in SEL explorations based on the SEL survey data, student request, and teachers/family recommendations.
- Each instructional period will begin with live synchronous instruction of a lesson from the teacher. Students will work through activities and assignments with the help of the teacher until the end of the period.
- Each student will have a period for Extra Academic Support and/or Small Group Instruction. Students may request additional academic support from the teacher or the teacher may require a student to attend small group instruction during the academic support period.
- Teachers will provide both formal and informal feedback and will ensure assignments and assessments are graded in an acceptable time.
- Grab and Go breakfast and lunch will be made available to all qualifying free or reduced lunch students. These meals may be picked up, curbside, on Monday through Friday between 8:30 am and 10:00 am at the main campus located at 260 Warburton Ave, Yonkers, NY 10701. Bulk meal packages for multiple days are provided on a case-by-case basis for individuals who have difficulties commuting to the school daily.
- Students will follow a bell schedule which includes instructional periods and screen breaks from 8:00am - 3:05pm. Please see below for a sample remote learning bell schedule.
- Students will follow an A and B day schedule, engaging in all required courses over a two-day time period. Please see below for sample schedules for a 9th and 10th grade students: